SeaSkater Weir Skimmer
DescriptionThe SeaSkater self-adjusting weir skimmer represents a significant step forward in weir skimmer design. Conventional weir skimmers typically have the float frame under the skimmer - the unique SeaSkater has it above to reduce draft. SeaSkater has large diameter floats to increase the water line beam, combined with a lightweight design, results in a new generation of weir skimmers with unparalleled responsiveness to wave movements.
The high buoyancy to weight ratio limits drastic changes in draft due to skimmer loading. The unique aluminum frame is constructed with a circular rigid member to increase the impact resistance and strength of the skimmer. The SeaSkater is ideal for near shore or inland operations due to shallow draft and lightweight construction.
The high buoyancy to weight ratio also enables this skimmer to be used in open waters. The arms disconnect for shipping and storage.
The bellows in the self-adjusting weir assembly are fabricated using oil and chemical resistant XR5 fabric. This fabric is superior to rubber bellows and offers greater resistance to solvents often found in petrochemical installations.
This skimmer can be fitted with our ES400 screw pump or set up for an external suction pump or vacuum (supplied separately).
SeaSkater with integral ES400 pump;
In this configuration the SeaSkater is fitted with our 4 inch ES400 helical screw pump that requires minimal maintenance and parts This pump is capable of handling heavy oils with solids up to 1 1/2" (38mm) as well as running dry without damage. Pump weight is only 47 lbs / 21kg and easily removed for other pumping operations.
SeaSkater can be easily carried - weight of skimmer is only 200 lbs /90kg. Vertical and horizontal discharge ports are provided. The skimmer is supplied with towing assembly.
The SeaSkater system comprises:
- Skimmer head with screw pump
- Diesel hydraulic power pack
- Hydraulic and discharge hose
- Hose floats
- Skimmer head fitted with crash frame
- Capacity: 520 gpm / 118 cu. m/hr
- Max discharge pressure: 81 psi / 5.6 bar
- Solids handling: 1.5 inch / 3.8 cm
- Discharge: Vertical and horizontal 4 inch male camlock
- Lifting point: Certified wire loop
- 90 inch dia x 28 inch/ 2.28m x 0.71m.
- 22 hp / 16 kW water cooled diesel engine with
- 12 volt electric start, fitted with two hydraulic circuits
- 60ft / 18m of 4"/100mm Layflat Discharge Hose with Camlock fittings
- 50ft / 15m of hydraulic hoses and hose floats.
- Shipping dimensions:
- Skimmer with hoses: 68 x 74 x 38" / 1.72 x 1.88 x 0.96m 550 lbs / 250 kg
- Power unit: 73 x 32 x 47" / 1.85 x 0.81 x 1.19m 850 lbs / 390kg